SIM CARD REGISTRATION
Starting June 1, 2021, in accordance with Federal Law 533-FZ dated December 30, 2020 and RF Government Regulation No. 844 dated May 31, 2021 (as amended by Russian Federation Government Regulation No. 1465 dated September 1, 2021), legal entities and individual entrepreneurs (hereinafter referred to as Corporate Clients) are required to submit data on end users of corporate numbers/SIM cards for M2M/IoT equipment to the Public Services Portal of the Russian Federation.
In this regard:
- It is necessary to validate the end user of the number (employee) in their profile on the Public Services Portal;
- Communications services for numbers used for corporate mobile communications and M2M/IoT equipment are available only after the subscriber submits data on such numbers and equipment to the Public Services Portal;
- Under contracts signed starting June 1, 2021, communications services will be provided only after the Communications Provider verifies the availability of reliable data on the Public Services Portal.
All numbers used for corporate mobile communications, as well as SIM cards used in M2M/IoT equipment* are subject to registration:
- Current Corporate Clients with contracts signed before June 1, 2021, need to submit the corresponding data to the Public Services Portal and confirm it. Data on users of corporate numbers must be registered by November 30, 2021, as a matter of law. The deadline to submit data on SIM cards for M2M/IoT equipment is February 28, 2023.
- Corporate Clients with contracts signed after June 1, 2021, will be able to receive communications services only after the data on their numbers and equipment is registered on the Public Services Portal.
For corporate mobile communications, data must be registered before the commencement of services.
When using SIM cards in M2M/IoT equipment, information must be submitted via the corresponding form on the Public Services Portal no later than 3 working days before the commencement date of services, unless a different term is established by the contract. Changes to the registered data on equipment must be reflected on the Public Services Portal within 3 working days.
Starting December 1, 2021, Communications Providers are obliged to cease communication services for numbers in respect to which reliable data was not provided and verification on the Public Services Portal was not carried out.
Unregistered numbers used in cell phones will be blocked starting from December 1, 2021. Unregistered numbers of M2M/IoT equipment are planned to be blocked starting from March 1, 2023.
* The requirement to submit data on corporate mobile users to the Communications Provider does not apply to customers under Federal Law No. 44-FZ and Federal Law No. 223-FZ.
How to submit data?
For organizations: submit data to the Public Services Portal in one of the following ways:
- In the profile of the legal entity on the Public Services Portal, submit data on corporate SIM cards using the «Corporate SIM Cards Registration and Activation». service. For registration you will need to specify the name of the Communications Provider and list the subscriber numbers linked to a specific employee, which will also require to indicate the employee’s ID.
- Inform your employees (i.e. the end users) about the need to register on the Public Services Portal and confirm the data on the corporate number used.
- Employees register SIM cards themselves using the «Corporate SIM Card Activation». service. To do this, you need to specify the subscriber number, the Taxpayer Identification Number of the issuing organization and the name of the Communications Provider in your profile on the Public Services Portal.
NOTE: Provide employees with the exact name and form of ownership (Individual Entrepreneur, Joint Stock Company, Limited liability Company, etc.) and the Taxpayer Identification Number of your company. A data error will prevent SIM card activation.
- Register and confirm your profile on the Public Services Portal.
- Insert the SIM card provided by your organization into a device.
- Go to the Public Services Portal and check for notifications on data verification.
If there is no notification, go to the «Corporate SIM Card Activation» section and submit a request electronically:
- Click “Start” → “Go to Request”;
- Verify your data, edit if necessary, and click “Correct”;
- In the displayed window, select the form of ownership of your organization (Individual Entrepreneur, Joint Stock Company, Limited liability Company, etc.) and click “Continue”:
- Specify the Taxpayer Identification Number of the company that issued your SIM card;
- Specify your subscriber number and select a Communications Provider from the list → “Send Request”;
- You will get an SMS with the verification status to the specified number.
You will get an SMS with the verification status to the specified number. You can check if the activation was successful on the Public Services Portal. After successful activation, the “Service Provided” inscription will appear in the “Corporate SIM Card Activation section.
We recommend that you read the instructions on the Public Services Portal:
– registering corporate numbers for companies and individual entrepreneurs (https://www.gosuslugi.ru/situation/registration_of_corporate_SIM_cards/how_companies_and_ie_register_corporate_SIM);
– activating corporate SIM cards for employees (https://www.gosuslugi.ru/situation/registration_of_corporate_SIM_cards/how_employees_can_activate_corporate_SIM_cards).